THESE SIX HABITS WILL MAKE YOU EXTRAORDINARY.
After extensive original research and a decade as the world’s highest-paid performance coach, Brendon Burchard finally reveals the most effective habits for reaching long-term success. Based on one of the largest surveys ever conducted on high performers, it turns out that just six habits move the needle the most in helping you succeed. Adopt these six habits, and you win. Neglect them, and life is a never-ending struggle.
We all want to be high performing in every area of our lives. But how? Which habits can help you achieve long-term success and vibrant well-being no matter your age, career, strengths, or personality? To become a high performer, you must seek clarity, generate energy, raise necessity, increase productivity, develop influence, and demonstrate courage. This book is about the art and science of how to practice these proven habits.
If you do adopt any new habits to succeed faster, choose the habits in this book. Anyone can practice these habits and, when they do, extraordinary things happen in their lives, relationships, and careers.
Whether you want to get more done, lead others better, develop skill faster, or dramatically increase your sense of joy and confidence, the habits in this book will help you achieve it. Each of the six habits is illustrated by powerful vignettes, cutting-edge science, thought-provoking exercises, and real-world daily practices you can implement right now.
HIGH PERFORMANCE HABITS is a science-backed, heart-centered plan to living a better quality of life. Best of all, you can measure your progress. A link to a professional assessment is included in the book for free.
For courses in Introduction to Electronic Communications and Digital and Data Communications. Comprehensive in scope and contemporary in coverage, this text introduces basic electronic and data communications fundamentals, and explores their application in modern digital and data communications systems. Students with previous knowledge in basic electronic principles and fundamental calculus concepts will gain a complete understanding of the topics presented here. Tomasi’s Advanced Electronic Communications Systems 6/e is the last 10 chapters of this text.
Follow along with Eddie, a budding young scientist, as he navigates the 2017 Great American Solar Eclipse. Eddie uses his curiosity and imagination to become an “expert” in eclipses so that he can thoroughly take in this spectacular scientific event. His energy and enthusiasm for all things science help him to engage with his family and friends while experiencing this great science adventure. The book details solar eclipse facts and encourages safety for children while observing the solar eclipse.
Auto Electricity and Electronics teaches the design, operation, and diagnosis of starting, charging, ignition, lighting, and other major systems. The text stresses the use of on-board diagnostics
, as well as conventional meter tests, to find electrical, electronic, and computer-related problems. A chapter on advanced diagnostics covers the latest equipment and techniques used to locate problems. This is a valuable resource to those preparing for ASE Certification Test A6, Electrical/Electronic Systems.
- The text is correlated to the Electrical/Electronic Systems section of the NATEF Task List.
- A full chapter on on-board diagnostics is included, detailing OBD II systems and emphasizing the use of scan tools to help pinpoint computer system problems.
- Two full chapters on hybrid drive systems detail the basic principles of operation, diagnosis, and repair.
- Optional digital platform including premium online text, shop manual, workbook, videos, animations, instructional content, and course management tools is available.
Ackley’s Nursing Diagnosis Handbook: An Evidence-Based Guide to Planning Care, 11th Edition helps practicing nurses and nursing students select appropriate nursing diagnoses and write care plans with ease and confidence. This convenient handbook shows you how to correlate nursing diagnoses with known information about clients on the basis of assessment findings, established medical or psychiatric diagnoses, and the current treatment plan. Extensively revised and updated with the new 2015-2017 NANDA-I approved nursing diagnoses, it integrates the NIC and NOC taxonomies, evidence-based nursing interventions, and adult, pediatric, geriatric, multicultural, home care, and client/family teaching and discharge planning considerations to guide you in creating unique, individualized care plans.
- Comprehensive, up-to-date information on all the 2015-2017 NANDA-I nursing diagnoses so you stay in the know.
- UNIQUE! Provides care plans for every NANDA-I approved nursing diagnosis plus two unique care plans for Hearing Loss and Vision Loss.
- Includes pediatric, geriatric, multicultural, client/family teaching and discharge planning, home care, and safety interventions as necessary for plans of care.
- Presents examples of and suggested NIC interventions and NOC outcomes in each care plan.
- UNIQUE! Care Plan Constructor on the companion Evolve website offers hands-on practice creating customized plans of care.
- 150 NCLEX exam-style review questions are available on Evolve.
- Promotes evidence-based interventions and rationales by including recent or classic research that supports the use of each intervention.
- Classic evidence-based references promote evidence-based interventions and rationales.
- Clear, concise interventions are usually only a sentence or two long and use no more than two references.
- Safety content emphasizes what must be considered to provide safe patient care.
- Step-by-step instructions show you how to use the Guide to Nursing Diagnoses and Guide to Planning Care sections to create a unique, individualized plan of care.
- List of Nursing Diagnosis Index in back inside cover of book for quick reference.
- Three-column index is easy to use.
- Easy-to-follow sections I and II guide you through the nursing process and selecting appropriate nursing diagnoses.
- Alphabetical thumb tabs allow quick access to specific symptoms and nursing diagnoses.
- NEW! Includes the new 2015-2017 NANDA-I approved nursing diagnoses, compete with 26 new diagnoses.
- NEW and UPDATED! Provides the latest NIC/NOC, interventions, and rationales for every care plan.
- EXPANDED! Additional information on concept based nursing and major nursing theories provides you with the knowledge you need for clinical success.
- EXPANDED! New content on QSEN, safety, and risk for infection keeps you up to date.
- NEW! In-depth coverage of wellness and primary prevention stresses the importance of health and wellness.
- NEW! Appendixes in the text provide you with valuable information in an easy-to-access location.
- NEW! Revised references in APA style.